Re: gEDA-user: fritzing-like gEDA? gEDA-like Fritzing? Fritzing-interface-to-gEDA?

On May 9, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Chris Smith wrote:

> John Doty wrote:
>>
>> There are lots of GUI languages. But the critical thing is defining
>> the project. For that, there's only one candidate: "make". There's
>> nothing else that can deal with the declarations, rules, and
>> procedures needed to put together a project using heterogeneous
>> tools.
>
> Make was an excellent system in its day, but is now quite old and
> clunky
> in comparison to some of its more contemporary competitors.

Make is ubiquitous and widely known. We should leverage that
knowledge. The complexity of our project management problems in EDA
is not so great, and make fits them well.

>   Scons, for
> example, is a much better 'make' tool.

Never heard of it. Never needed it to build anything. But a system
without make is crippled.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx