Re: gEDA-user: Adding attributes to gschem symbols

John,

Thanks for that. I think I may have mislead a bit by saying that I
wanted to edit my attributes in the schematic. Thinking a bit more and
reading your comments of course I wouldn't want to edit much in a
schematic for the reasons you describe. If I wanted to convert all the
R's and all the C's from 0805 to 0603 then I'd want to do it at the
symbol level and not directly in the schematic.

I guess your comment about "The problem with the local library is that
its scope isn't a project." means that if I edit a symbol then the
scope of that change is across all projects and not just one
particular project. So if I changed a resistor footprint from 0805 to
0603 then all resistors in all projects using that symbol would
change. On the other hand if I needed to edit a footprint say for a
different PCB manufacturer's guidelines then that might be what I
wanted .....

It hadn't dawned on me that I could make symbol libraries project specific.

I need to think about it a bit more and perhaps look at what gattrib
can do for me.

Cheers,

    Andy.