Re: gEDA-user: C++ HDL

al davis wrote:
> On Monday 11 May 2009, Joerg wrote:
>> I just hope universities don't rely on that route alone when
>> teaching RF design.
>
> Why not?  It's no worse than some of the other choices they
> make, including some that you vigorously defend.

Like what?

> Considering how much proprietary stuff they rely on, and by
> doing so they reject real opportunities for learning, System-C
> as a sole way to teach a particular part of the curriculum seems
> rather benign.

It's ok as long as they don't neglect real HW design and testing, with
solder irons and all. I have found younger candidates to be seriously
lacking in that respect. There comes a time when us older guys can't
help them anymore. The topper was a professor at my university who said
that soon everything will be ICs, that transistors and most of that
discrete stuff would go away. I burst into laughter in the auditorium, a
bit embarrassing ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/