Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

Eric Brombaugh wrote:

[...]

> I'll concur that current software projects have enormous scope and
> demand some pretty powerful tools. Don't underestimate the challenges of
> developing a System-on-Chip for high-volume commercial use though. It's
> orders of magnitude more complex than what happens in the FPGA world.
> When doing an FPGA design, I can as an individual manage a project that
> completely fills the largest FPGA available. ...

... and then "available" turns into allocation, allocation turns into
"can't get them anymore", which then may turn into a cancelled vacation.
Seen it happen.

>                                              ... Working on a large
> commercial IC development project requires the skills of dozens if not
> hundreds of experienced engineers.

Yes. Even small ones require at least a good layouter, plus a process
guy if you must push the electromigration limits.

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/