gEDA-user: naming and creation of 54-pin TSOP II (400 mil) footprint, request for help

Hello everybody,

I am trying to create a footprint with a correct name using the IPC-7351
Naming Convention for Standard SMT Land Patterns.

But I am having some issues, i am using the below document to learn about
the naming convention:
https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/openarm/trunk/working/pcb/documents/footprint-name-spec.pdf

The footprint I want to make is a 54-pin TSOP II (400 mil), see:
https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/openarm/trunk/doc/SDRAM/MT48LC16M16A2P-7E/256MSDRAM.pdf
# page 75, 54-Pin Plastic TSOP

I tried to figure it out but I don't know what the lead span 1(L1) is?

footprint:
TSSOP-65P-640L1-54N
54-pin TSOP II (400 mil)
TSSOP   pin spacing, lead span 1, pin count
P  pin spacing        dimension
L1 lead span 1        dimension
N  pin count          count

I also learned to create footprints with the following document:
https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/openarm/trunk/working/pcb/documents/land_patterns_20070818.pdf
I had my ups and downs learning this and had some help trough IRC.

However the creation of a 54-pin TSOP II seems to be able to automate
using a script.

I looked at the following, but it uses a license I disagree with and I
can't figure out how it works, I prefer OSI and GPL compatible licenses.
http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/pcb-perl-library.html

Would somebody be able to help me out, what should the name of the
footprint become and what scripts can I use to make the footprint and how
can I do this?

Could somebody help me out by making an example for the 54-pin TSOP II
footprint?

I got a lot more footprints to make, and I can use all the help, since
time is getting really sparse.

OpenARM Single Board Computer Project:
https://secure.powercraft.nl/websvn/openarm/

Thanks in advance,