Re: gEDA-user: naming and creation of 54-pin TSOP II (400 mil) footprint, request for help

Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to create a footprint with a correct name using the IPC-7351
> Naming Convention for Standard SMT Land Patterns.
>
> But I am having some issues, i am using the below document to learn about
> the naming convention:
> https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/openarm/trunk/working/pcb/documents/footprint-name-spec.pdf
>
> The footprint I want to make is a 54-pin TSOP II (400 mil), see:
> https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/openarm/trunk/doc/SDRAM/MT48LC16M16A2P-7E/256MSDRAM.pdf
> # page 75, 54-Pin Plastic TSOP
>
> I tried to figure it out but I don't know what the lead span 1(L1) is?
>
> footprint:
> TSSOP-65P-640L1-54N
> 54-pin TSOP II (400 mil)
> TSSOP   pin spacing, lead span 1, pin count
> P  pin spacing        dimension
> L1 lead span 1        dimension
> N  pin count          count
>
> I also learned to create footprints with the following document:
> https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/openarm/trunk/working/pcb/documents/land_patterns_20070818.pdf
> I had my ups and downs learning this and had some help trough IRC.
>
> However the creation of a 54-pin TSOP II seems to be able to automate
> using a script.
>
> I looked at the following, but it uses a license I disagree with and I
> can't figure out how it works, I prefer OSI and GPL compatible licenses.
> http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/pcb-perl-library.html
>
> Would somebody be able to help me out, what should the name of the
> footprint become and what scripts can I use to make the footprint and how
> can I do this?
>
> Could somebody help me out by making an example for the 54-pin TSOP II
> footprint?
>
> I got a lot more footprints to make, and I can use all the help, since
> time is getting really sparse.
>
> OpenARM Single Board Computer Project:
> https://secure.powercraft.nl/websvn/openarm/
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jelle de Jong

The secure links are using a CAcert.org authority this is true open
security. However not all web browsers have this authority in there
lists. So you may have to add them. If you added the authority the secure
pages should not show an security exception.

Certificate Authority:
http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

OpenARM Single-board Computer:
http://www.tuxcrafter.net/pages/projects.html#openarm-single-board-computer