Re: gEDA-user: Cypress PSoC MiniProg under Linux

Tamas Szabo wrote:

> I just recieved an Avnet Spartan-3A Evaluation Kit. It has the above
> mentioned interface for downloading configuration. I only found Win
> based software for it.
>
> Has anyone any experience with it under Linux?

I did some work with PSoC a few years ago and wasn't able to find any
Linux drivers for their USB programming dongle. Since their development
IDE is Win-only I didn't see much point in pursuing it further. I
believe that their MCU is based on an 8-bit Renesas architecture so
there may be a GCC-based toolchain available, but you'll have a tough
time finding any open-source software for setting up the analog and
digital arrays. Plus, you'd be giving up all the firmware interface
routines that their IDE automatically links in when you use the Cypress
tools & libraries.

Eric