Re: gEDA-user: translation standards

John Doty wrote:
> On May 13, 2009, at 3:01 PM, John Griessen wrote:
>> al davis wrote:
>> pad/pin centers
>> that are defined as center of main part of a pad and center of hole
>> circles, and also
>> pad numbers?
>
> Remember that Al's vision includes schematic translation.

I have not read his starting point document yet...Ooops.

Al said he wants no drawing points or line definitions as part of it,
which suggests a diagram description language that leaves the exact placement
of lines or pixels up to the translator.  Translated schematics or footprints
would look similar in ordering pf pins around packages maybe, but all proportions
might be stretched or shrunk in translation since that info is not in the transfer standard.

Hmmm....sounds hard to automate.

John