Re: gEDA-user: geda cygwin package

Peter Baxendale wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 13:19 -0400, al davis wrote:
>> Gnucap has always worked on windows.  It works with gEDA, with
>> gnetlist generating a spice file, as well as any simulator does.
>> How about using Gnucap?
>
> Well, for this particular course, for these particular students I needed
> something they could start doing very simple simulations with reasonable
> graphical output with about a 5 minute intro. Last time I looked at
> gnucap there was a steeper learning curve, which I just didn't have time
> for on this course. I'd certainly look at gnucap for anything more
> advanced - something that's been on my summer list of things to do for
> the past few years.

AFAIK Gnucap is not quite SPICE-compatible, but that's what your
students will be facing when they head out into industry. LTSpice might
be an alternative. Very short learning curve, free of cost, nice
graphics output and by now very widespread in industry.

LTSpice probably runs under wine but try it out first, see if the help
files are ok because students will certainly need those a lot.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.