Re: gEDA-user: collapsing or non-collapsing balls, how can i tell?

John Luciani wrote:
> There is a new version of the naming convention, "IPC-7351B Naming
> Convention for Standard SMT Land Patterns",
> that lists the various BGA types.
> Dual pitch has Col Pitch x Row Pitch attributes
> Staggered pins is BGAS
> A "C" or "N" suffix is added for collapsing or non-collapsing balls

Thanks you for responding, your library looks great, I am still trying to
figure out how you created and named the footprints.

There may be a B version for the naming convention but I can't find the
documents with an popular internet search engine.

My question in the original mail where more focused on the how and why. I
under stead that C and N stands for collapsing or non-collapsing balls
but I am not very experienced in BGA and I have no idea what this exactly
is and how I can see what type of BGA I have. The same goes about Dual
Pitch BGA what is a dual pitch BGA, how can one tell.

Please see my original mail for all questions.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Jelle