Re: gEDA-user: Parts!

Joerg wrote:
> I use a MS-Works database. It lists the qty, part description and (very
> important) where is is stashed. For SMT stuff that I may need at client
> sites I use tiny jewel boxes that have around 50 micro-bins each in a
> 2"*2"*1/3" space, stackable. No chance for labels or anything, without
> this database I would not have a clue what's where.

Even worse, many of my SMT parts are so small that the labeling on them
is pretty meaningless--- if there is any at all.  If a box of parts were
to drop open, you'd be better off sweeping the whole pile into the trash
and starting over!

I did find these once:  http://t-rexelectronics.com/7.html

Seems great for cut tapes, at least. Where did you get your boxes?

My wife has suggested mini-scrapbook albums, whose page folders are
about the same size as the small static-safe bags that Mouser ships in.

Plano makes some small boxes with configurable compartments, but I've
found that their dividers don't seat tightly enough to keep small SMT
parts from passing underneath them.  And I worry about static.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx