Re: gEDA-user: Parts!

DJ Delorie wrote:
> Just FYI, I was mostly asking about the database aspect, not the
> storage aspect.  Both aspects are interesting to read about, of
> course.

You might know it... I have a database for my parts. There is a stock
table in it. So far, I don't use the stock table, because I buy 1000
resistors at one go. So something is in my database, I must have some of
it (somewhere). :-)

http://logonex.eu/phpmyadmin/index.php

user: guest
no password

Select the component database.

Btw... I have so far more than 300 parts in it. The only pity with this
system, is that it doesn't have support of footprint variants. :-(

For me this system works very well, and I use it in my day-job too. I
plan to print data-matrices on the storage places. I've already bought a
low cost webcam, and successfully scanned data-matrix printouts
generated by some library out there.

Cheers,
Levente