Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

   On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Steve Underwood
   <[1]steveu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Levente wrote:
   > Hi,
   >

   > I have to design an audio amplifier that can deliver 100Amps. It
   should
   > work around 50Hz, and the maximum output power shall be 500W. I am
   > currently reading articles about this topic, but it is very hard to
   find
   > things like this. If someone has some experience with, or some
   > documentation of high current amplifiers, please share it.

     If you search the class-D power amp modules available for the audio
     market I think you may find what you need off the shelf.
     Steve

   100 amps and 500 watts implies a load impedance of 0.05 ohms.  Some
   professional audio amplifiers may handle this, but I think most will
   go into self-protect mode.
   Best bet might be a car amp:
   [2]http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11796_Kenwood+KAC-8104D.html
   If Levente is just looking for a sine wave, he should check out
   variable frequency drive motor controllers.   Search ebay for "VFD".
   Regards,
   Mark
   markrages@gmail
   --