Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009 19:14:26 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
>>> PS: I use gEDA on cygwin.  I have a cygwin mirror at work, and I made a
>>> cygwin package for gEDA, as well as making a modified cygwin installer
>>> so that coworkers can run the installer to automatically install all
>>> the packages I think they need from our local mirror, including my gEDA
>>> package.  It was a PITA to set up, and I doubt many people at companies
>>> even an order of magnitude bigger than where I work will devote the
>>> resources to do something like that.
>>
>> If you've done all this work, why not upload it to gpleda.org or some
>> other public place so that others can benefit from it?  That would
>> pretty much end the argument if it's done.
>
> +1
> I'd love to point my coworkers to a place where they can get everything
> they need to install gschem/pcb in a windows context. If web space is an
> issue, I may dedicate bandwidth either on my private website or at the
> university of Hannover.

I've assembled all the libraries and such so I can type "make burncd"
in my project directory and it will burn a CD of with the design files
and copies of Windows builds of pcb and gerbv and the necessary DLLs.
It also makes two batch files in the root of the CD:
"open_gerbers.bat" and "open_pcb.bat".  These run gerbv.exe and
pcb.exe respectively off the CD, loading design files off the CD as
well.  I figure this is an easy way to give clients a copy of my work,
and also is a gentle introduction to gEDA.

It's not very GPL-compliant, as I just grabbed binaries off the web
(building software for Windows is not something I enjoy).  But I could
maybe fix it up into something releasable if anyone's interested.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--