Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

> I agree it's a waste of time to port gEDA to windows, and that a
> cross-platform library is the way to go.

We have one.  It's called GTK.  That's not the problem, the problem is
idiosyncrasies talking to the OS that cause problems, like windows
drive letters and the lack of "standard" Unix tools.

> PS: I use gEDA on cygwin.  I have a cygwin mirror at work, and I made
> a cygwin package for gEDA, as well as making a modified cygwin
> installer so that coworkers can run the installer to automatically
> install all the packages I think they need from our local mirror,
> including my gEDA package.  It was a PITA to set up, and I doubt many
> people at companies even an order of magnitude bigger than where I
> work will devote the resources to do something like that.

If you've done all this work, why not upload it to gpleda.org or some
other public place so that others can benefit from it?  That would
pretty much end the argument if it's done.