Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

We want to avoid transformers. The older version of this equippment had the
good old Quad-405 power amplifiers, and transformers at the end. It is so
heave, that one man can hardly lift the unit.

Btw... the same unit must also provide a voltage output up to 300V, but only
100Watts. For that, we'll go for transformer.

And a plus... multiply everything by 3, hence it must be 3 phase...

:-)

On Wed, 20 May 2009 11:27:48 -0500
Mark Rages <markrages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Levente Kovacs
> <leventelist-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 May 2009 10:48:53 -0500
> > Mark Rages <markrages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What kind of transient are you trying to simulate?  Maybe it would
> >> be easier to make a circuit to add the transient to mains power,
> >> instead of recreating mains power with an amplifier.
> >
> > 230V times 100A is something I dont want to even calculate.
> >
> > --
>
> You need a high-current, low-voltage transformer:
>
> http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brands/CF_Files/model_detail.cfm?upc=037103079480
>
> Regards,
> Mark
> markrages@gmail