Re: gEDA-user: pcb library and hid build modification

DJ Delorie wrote:
if we're putting that much work
> into the core design of pcb, I'd rather shoot for a bigger prize than
> just "support swig".  For example, I'd like to redo how drawing tools
> and board objects are handled internally so we can extend those with
> plugins as well.

I'd like board objects to be searched through by any attrib down to what is atomic
for chip design even, since PCB may soon be used for organic printable circuits
much like chip design tools are.  ??Gnetman might plug in to pcb some day if we modularize it enough?? --
gnetman promises large scale database speed handling of millions of objects, (not needed yet).

To control drawing tools via a plugin in any language
Igor/Tibor's GPMI interface allows would be fabulous!  Think of all the extra efforts
that people would make in all their different favorite scripting languages?
Just like SWIG, and we already have it.

Jason Childs wrote:
 > The real point of the patch was that I want to create swig bindings
 > for pcb and libgeda in support of another geda subproject I'm working
 > on.

What are you working on?  Why not try those ideas on us?

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX