Re: gEDA-user: Breadboard drawings with pcb?

Josef Wolf wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 06:33:01PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Vias connect the two sides, so you can test for connectivity.  That's
>> all I was thinking.  If connectivity can be done another way, then you
>> have other options.
>
> What about using lines+arcs on the solder layer to represent the wiring
> of the breadboard?  Placing through-hole parts would then connect fine
> to the lines/arcs on the solder layer, IMHO.

[jg]Yes.

  The (black) paths would
> then be routed ([jg] by hand)  on the component layer ([jg] in black).  That way no special footprints
> would be needed and even DRC might be possible.
[jg]Sure.

The only drawback I
> see with this approach is that paths along the breadboard paths would
> be doubled: one goes on solder, the other on component side.
[jg]That won't stop netlisting.  The black paths on component side would be for emphasis.
You won't be able to show a component grouped with a black trace stretching over vias (or pads on same layer) that represent
plugboard holes.  They will have to go off to the side to represent the 3D path through the air
of a leaded component on a plugboard.

John