gEDA-user: pcb footprint generator

Hi,
I've created small library and utils in order to make the process of
creating pcb footprints much easier. Basically library implements unit
conversion,
basic geometric shapes and electronic symbols drawing. Above this
library there are footprints generators that takes some parameter eg.
number of pins in connector and the output is footprint itself. On the
top of that are shell scripts that are pasing standart values for
number of pins/sizes of componets to footprint generators in order to
generate all possible footprints. And all this you can run just by
typing 'make' in top directory that will result in filling footprints
directory with footprints.

The goal here is to create highly configurable system for automatic
footprint creation where you can make small change in one place and
regenerate all the footprints just by typing make.

You can find first version at:
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~metan/outgoing/pcb_utils.tar.bz2

What I'm not strong at are naming convetions (and it seems
manufacturers are just confused as I am) so creating some rules here
would be very usefull.

Patches and comment are welcome :)

--
metan.lists@xxxxxxxxx