Re: gEDA-user: missing PCB GUIs

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Ralf <chunti1203@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I already installed all that's associated with the keyword "PCB", and
> I kind of wonder if I missed a certain library or something here?
>
> I am not sure if anyone had any similar experience before?
> could someone please tell me what to do to fix this problem?

There are two different guis for PCB, one built with the lesstif
toolkit and one with the gtk toolkit.  From the sounds of it, you are
seeing the lesstif gui; I think you'll find the gtk gui more what you
are expecting.

I don't use Ubuntu, but I would imagine if you uninstall pcb-lesstif
and make sure pcb-gtk is installed you'll get the gtk gui.

You'll probably want to go through a tutorial/getting started guide as
both gui's are much more powerful if you know the tricks.
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/gs.html is a good one.

Jared