Re: gEDA-user: font problem in 1.6.0

On May 3, 2010, at 6:46 AM, Peter Clifton wrote:
It "might" due to some Pango / cairo build configuration. There are a
number of different ways to build pango / cairo. Some will be using
native OS X APIs for fonts, others might use freetype and fontconfig.
I'm not sure what the easy recipe to a working config is.

Ok...From some brief reading, it sounds to me like Pango should be built with ATSUI support for font handling (I'm on a 10.4 system, CoreText isn't available) and Cairo for rendering. Pango requires glib.

So it sounds like I should build glib, then Cairo, then Pango, then GTK+. Does that sound sane?

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL