Re: gEDA-user: gattrib error message

Peter Clifton wrote:
Take a look at the symbol file in a text editor. Attribute blocks,
beginning { ...} should only follow a pin line "P", net line "N",
component line "C".

gattrib is continuing to go down when saving my .sch file.

I scoured the file for attributes attached to items other than pins, nets, and component lines, as well as the footprint files. I only find { brackets on the lines following P, N, or C ... so I think that's not the problem (see snippet below)

gattrib -v verbose mode shows no error other than:

In s_object_attrib_add_attrib_in_object, trying to add attrib to non-complex or non-net!

I chopped up the .sch file and ran it as small chunks through gattrib and it didn't break gattrib. I tried to repeat this (because it was too weird) and depending on where I make the line-breaks in the smaller .sch files it will break or not-break gattrib. I always broke the file in between two nets ... so it's not splitting up important information.

Is there a way to see what line of my file is killing gattrib?

Phil Taylor

; ------ (chunk of .sch file -- it looks okay, right?) -----
N 55400 79800 55400 80000 4
N 55900 79300 56700 79300 4