Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

> If gedasymbols is good, what's wrong with a tool to allow easier
> access to a gedasymbols-like-but-more-organized database?

I've stated before, I have no problem with people figuring out ways to
pull gedasymbols content into geda's tools over the web.  IIRC there
was one such implementation already.  Also, I spec'd out a CSV format
for gedasymbols so that people could start storing database-like info
there as well as the symbols/footprints that go with it.

I've also said before that "the database" should be some global
composite database, including multiple sources including gedasymbols.
gEDA is a community project, why shouldn't the database be too?