Re: gEDA-user: [OT?] Best way to do Multiple Monitors?

Bob Paddock wrote:

> Is it better to get a single video card that can handle multiple
> monitors, or to have two different video cards?

A single card is standard.

> I'm not particularly found of NVidia, which is my current card and
> locks up my box if I use their closed source drivers.

Nvidia is still the way to go with linux.
I use dual head at work and at home. At work, it is a quadro 220 pci-e card
and at home its a Geforce 7600 GT in an AGP slot.

> Machine is a AMD64 box running Gentoo-Linux.

PCI-E, or AGP?

> Want something that supports AMD64 and will be supported for a few years.

How would the width of the processor bus interfere with the graphics card?

> What are the best options for cards with prices below $300

300 USD are much more than you need to spend these days for decent dual head
cards. Geforce 8400 cards are about 30 EUR over here in europe. Just make
sure, memory is 512 MB rather than 256. Some of them are even fan less and
don't add to the noise of your box.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak