Re: gEDA-user: [OT?] Best way to do Multiple Monitors?

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 17:28 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 20:14 +0200, kai-martin knaak wrote:

> Nvidia is still the way to go with linux.

(Kai-Martin, please check your mail settings -- replying to your mail
gave "Post To: gmane.comp.cad.geda.user" as destination, so reply failed
from evolution email client.)

Are you really sure?

4 years ago this was true, so I have a nvidia card in my old box.
I am not really happy with that closed source nvidia driver, but it
works -- I know there is a new open source alternative available now,
but with no 3D support and no good power saving...

But now, with ATI/AMD: They have fine cards with open source drivers. So
I am sure my next graphics card is ATI/AMD -- maybe no separate card,
but onboard ATI/AMD graphics.