Re: gEDA-user: How do I mark the connection point on a pad?

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 13:53 -0400, Jim wrote:
> Stefan Salewski wrote:
> >
> Manually with an editor.   I tried exchanging, no help.

Interesting, and surprising for me.

> It looked like the autorouter was attaching to the wrong end of the
> fingers!

Please note, ratsnest is not autorouter!
In your first post you refer to ratsnest only -- this are simple
straight lines indicating which copper areas should be connected,
manually or with autorouter. Ratsnest lines often show the shortest
connection (if you press "O" key for optimize), but this may not work in
all cases. My guess was that ratsnest may point only to one arbitrary
endpoint of a pad, not to the endpoint which results in shortest
ratsnest line.

But this in only a visible problem. You can connect your traces manually
where ever you want to the pad. And I am sure that the autorouters will
not care about rastnets at all.