Re: gEDA-user: How do I mark the connection point on a pad?

Stefan Salewski wrote:
On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 20:53 -0400, someone who called himself Jim wrote:
I'm not sure I'm saying that right. What I've done is generate a set of pcb edge fingers using elongated pads,

How did you make the fingers? Just a guess, you may try to exchange
starting and ending points of the pads?
Manually with an editor.   I tried exchanging, no help.
however when I run pcb, the ratsnest connects to the far end of the fingers, i. e. the part that goes into the socket.

Why do you care? Ratsnet is only a visible help for you while doing the
layout, it has no other meaning.
It looked like the autorouter was attaching to the wrong end of the fingers! I started over and removed some redundant connections and it's looking better.
That gives me no end of grief trying to route the board. I've attempted to attach an image showing the problem.
Thanks,
Jim.

Of course this may be something which the developers may improve --
access to your footprint and pcb data may be helpful.
I've moved on. It's not probably worth their time and effort.
Thanks,
Jim.