Re: gEDA-user: OT: Bike Alarms

>Restricting to non-metallic frames would seriously impact the available
>market, and even on a carbon-fibre frame, is the headset tube
>carbon-fibre as well?  I would have thought that that bit would be metal
>anyway.

That is carbon fiber on my bike.  Even if it did restrict the device to
carbon fiber bikes, so what?  They typically are much more expensive to
begin with, and their owners would be more likely to buy a security system.

I would just like to say don't get discouraged and give up because the
system won't work for all bikes:  If it works for some you still have a big
market.  Also don't get discouraged by the fact that some thieves may be
able to bypass the device... Look at how many people still put regular lock
on their homes, when a pick set or a credit card can bypass them.  You can
never make a perfect system, just try to make a good system for its price
point.  If it is able to facilitate recovery of 80% of the stolen bikes that
is still ~80% better than what it currently is.

Andy Miner