gEDA-user: "Source" file not found

   I am just transitioning from gschem to pcb for a robot controller board
   I am making. It spans several sheets, and has never successfully been
   exported by gsch2pcb. One of the error messages is "cannot find file
   "ROV_2010_analog.sch". This is one of the sheets in the overall
   motherboard, and is included in the project file. I even copied the
   file name and cut-n-pasted it into the project file to make sure that
   all the spelling and capitalization was correct. Then I did a text
   search through each schematic file and found only one occurrence of
   ROV_2010_ananlog.sch in any of the schematic files, and that was part
   of an 'input' symbol and was listed as 'source'.
      Do I need to have a source file name for every input and output
   symbol? Or is it not necessary if both schematics are read in at the
   same time as part of one project? If I have to add them to each input
   and output symbol, using gattrib won't help much because it does not
   create a column for data elements that are never called out in that
   schematic. Also, I clearly do not understand about the name:number
   convention on the net reference. Should I change the name for every
   type of signal, and only use numbers when I have a data bus or very
   similar signals? Or should I use one name for the entire sheet and
   number each output in sequence? If so, does the name have to be equal
   to the schematic's file name?
      I have not yet succeeded getting all the symbols translated to
   footprints, so I have not yet seen the results of the input/output
   pairs on the rats list to see if I got it to work or not. Any help
   getting that fixed BEFORE I start trying to move all the components and
   layout the traces would be greatly appreciated!
   Mike