Re: gEDA-user: "Source" file not found

On May 27, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Mike Bushroe wrote:

> Then I did a text
>   search through each schematic file and found only one occurrence of
>   ROV_2010_ananlog.sch in any of the schematic files, and that was part
>   of an 'input' symbol and was listed as 'source'.

That doesn't make any sense to the netlister. You use source= when you have made a symbol that represents an entire hierarcical subcircuit, with all its inputs and outputs. Then you associate source= attributes with the symbol so that the netlister can find the schematics associated with that subcircuit. You also have to tell the netlister where to find such schematics in gafrc.

The whole input/output symbol thing can be very confusing until you understand how the netlister works. If you're not using hierarchy, I recommend avoiding those symbols and just attaching netname= attributes to nets. All nets with the same name will be connected together. I sometimes use busses to visually indicate global connectivity.

If you want to use some sort of IO symbol to connect nets together on different sheets at the same level, use the net= attribute. Look at gnd-1.sym to see how that works.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx