Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb to pcb error

   I have the PCB layout pretty much arranged and was just starting on the
   power traces when discovered some more problems.
   1) AT some point I must have shorted something out, because several of
   the bypass caps now have BOTH pins glowing green for being part of the
   Vcc net. I have not yet tracked done the cause of this, or the fix.
   Hopefully more on this later.
   2) I found that several IC have no power. I know that John Doty does
   not like to have his schematics cluttered up with surperfluous Vcc and
   Gnd connections. But at the other extreme, I just discovered that
   7404-1.fp has implicit connections to Vcc and Gnd nets in non-printing
   attributes, but the identical looking 7404-4.fp does not. Is there some
   way to indicate which symbols are powerless and which have non-printing
   power connections built in? This is especially important in quads and
   hex parts that have many slots. And is there a way to change the symbol
   used without deleting the instance and re-entering all the data by
   hand? I don't gattrib allows changing the actuacl symbol file used,
   just a few of the attributes.
   Slowly making progress.
   Mike