Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb to pcb error

     It seems that you had really much trouble -- more than me in the
     last 3
     years since I started using gEDA/PCB. Maybe you can make a summary
     of
     the most serious problems and someone can put that list in the wiki.
     Unintended use of M4 macros seems to be one of your problems, I had
     that
     problem long ago too, but I can not remember details.
     Best regards
     Stefan Salewski

   I think the double footprint entries came either when I was fixing
   placeholder footprint strings with the correct file names and ended up
   with both the old and the new. But I am not sure if it happened in
   gschem, or more likely when doing a bulk re-edit in gattrib. At the
   very least, gattrib is not currently able to indicate double entries,
   let alone fix them.
   The next problem I found was connectors that were not connected in PCB
   when I had all rats displayed. Not until that moment was any error
   indicated, but it said that it was unable to attach rats for CONN pin
   11, CONN pin 11, CONN pin 12, CONN pin 12, etc. It turns out that for
   some connectors, I put a space between 'CONN' and the number. This
   space then caused gnetlist to consider a whole bunch of small
   connectors as one big connector with lots of high numbered pins, PCB
   could no connect with rat lines because it had nothing matching.
   Perhaps the tutorial might be modified to remind people to never allow
   a space in the refdes attribute.
   Over 170 components to place now, then route the traces!
   Mike