Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb to pcb error

     Are you footprints in the directories you indicate, or
     subdirectories
     of the directories you indicate?
     Are you running "gsch2pcb project" to use that project file?
     You might also have a file name that matches an M4 macro name.  I
     like
     to put a suffix on mine to prevent that, like "0603dj.fp" instead of
     "0603.fp".

   First off, thanks to all! I FINALLY got PCB to open a file, and an
   un-edited one straight from gsch2cpb! However, many elements have no,
   or at most only 1 rat line, so I still need to find what is wrong a fix
   those. I have never successfully added rat lines in PCB, I always had
   to uncheck drc and draw in the traces and then drc back on.
       DJ, thanks again for all the help. No, there are no subdirectories.
   I have an unsorted pile of downloaded and home made footprints in the
   package directory. And no they don't match M4 macros. Before I copied
   them all into /usr/share gsch2pcb reported them as unfindable, and
   therefore items not added to the layout. And yes, that is exactly the
   way I call gsch2pcb. I could not conceive of typing all the schematic
   files names by hand each time. I am REAL glad that there is a project
   file that does that for me!
       During the night, I had trouble finding the duplicate footprint
   symbols and so used gedit. When I next ran gsch2pcb I got a  'Tried to
   attach a non-text item as an attribute' error message multiple times.
   It appeared to be localised to ROV_2010_analog.sch, but I could not
   find exactly where or what it was complaining about. Perhaps I needed a
   Hex editor to see non-printing characters, Have the error message
   mention the last successful refdes in the error message would help
   localise the problem if it shows up again in the future. This time I
   copied a slightly older version of the file over and went back to
   trying to make the fixes through gschem and gattrib. I also tried using
   gnetlist with drc2 to locate the errors, but it always did a segfault
   before leaving any text on screen or in the file.
      It looks like geda symbol nmos-2 uses pinnumber S,G,D instead of
   1,2,3, and that might be causing some of my missing rat lines. I am
   just about to try changing the symbol file and see how much that fixes.
   Then the scary job of placing all those components, connectors, and
   traces!
   Mike