Re: gEDA-user: How to make a ground plane in PCB and attach all GND and VSS nets

> 1.  How do I set up the groups and layers in preferences for 3
> signal planes and the one groub?

In PCB there's no real difference between a signal plane and a
power/gnd plane.  Just set up any 4-layer board.

> 2.  Once I create the rectangle of the ground plane, how do I get
> PCB to attach the GND and the VSS nets to that ground plane when I
> auto-route?

I've never had much luck getting the autorouter to do this.  I usually
pre-route all the power/gnd connections because I want them to have
short fat traces, then let the autorouter do the signals.