Re: gEDA-user: How to make a ground plane in PCB and attach all GND and VSS nets

   Actually, to get the GND net to tie in with the VSS net do I have to go
   down into each symbol in gschem and replace net=VSS:8 with net=GND:8?
   Same with Vcc and VDD?

   On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM, DJ Delorie <[1]dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   > 1.  How do I set up the groups and layers in preferences for 3
   > signal planes and the one groub?

     In PCB there's no real difference between a signal plane and a
     power/gnd plane.  Just set up any 4-layer board.

   > 2.  Once I create the rectangle of the ground plane, how do I get
   > PCB to attach the GND and the VSS nets to that ground plane when I
   > auto-route?

     I've never had much luck getting the autorouter to do this.  I
     usually
     pre-route all the power/gnd connections because I want them to have
     short fat traces, then let the autorouter do the signals.