Re: gEDA-user: Adding inner polygons to a plane

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 19:19 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> Perhaps it would be possible to support a flag on the "smaller",
> clippiING polygon which makes it "bully" other polygons away from it,

EAGLE does this by allowing the user to assign a numeric priority to a
polygon.  Polygons with higher priority get to "bully".

> but again - it is not clear what to do in the case where two polygons
> with this flag touch each other. (Just short with each other I guess).

I suspect that shorting the polygons together would be the exact
opposite of what the user wanted most of the time.

Perhaps it should create a DRC violation, with neither of the polygons
rendering until the user has fixed the problem (with some kind of visual
indicator to show that this is happening!).  It seems to me that this
would result in the behaviour of least surprise and fewer broken PCBs.

Cheers,

Rob