Re: gEDA-user: PCB: simple FreeType fonts implementation -- update?

On 05/13/2011 01:55 PM, Colin D Bennett wrote:
It looked to me like most of the work was done in the patch but it was
left to rot!

In fact it was not. I was rebasing it next time few nights ago.

Perhaps the only thing left to be done is to embed the
font files in the .pcb file so that it doesn't depend on system fonts
(future-proofing files, exchanging between systems, etc.).

This thing was not left. the fonts may be embedded or referenced
(the latter may be a requirement of the font licensing terms);
and system independence was (sort of) ensured with using a fixed
version of FreeType included with the patch set.

What was left is a decent support of combining characters for scripts
like Indic or polytonic Greek; this would probably require building
another library (pango is the nearest candidate).

Any chance to revive this?

The characters may look great, but nobody really needs it.