Re: gEDA-user: An idea: rework design support...

On May 14, 2011, at 11:56 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> I do not have a problem with the idea of single layer per physical
>> layer,
>
> PCB uses a single layer group per physical layer,

No, it does not. There is no 1-1 relationship between pcb layers and physical layers. Examples:

The insulating layers are missing, although their geometry and physical properties matter.

The outline "layer" corresponds to a relationship between the geometries of physical layers.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx