Re: gEDA-user: An idea: rework design support...

On May 14, 2011, at 2:31 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> No, it does not. There is no 1-1 relationship between pcb layers and
>> physical layers.
>
> Yes, there is.  You just have a different interpretation of the word
> "layers" than the rest of us.

My interpretation corresponds to the normal meaning of the word "layer". It is simply based on geometry. DJ, this is why we can't discuss anything. Good software needs to be based on clean concepts, not a tangle of epicycles.

---

This message contains technical discussion involving difficult issues. No personal disrespect or malice is intended. If you perceive such, your perception is simply wrong. I'm a busy person, and in my business "go along to get along" causes mission failures and sometimes kills people, so I tend to be a bit blunt.