Re: gEDA-user: An idea: rework design support...

On May 14, 2011, at 11:08 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> To counter that.. I see no compelling reason to keep it though.
>
> We'll need it more when we add layer types.

Real physical layers have material properties, thickness, and perhaps others. They don't have "types".

>> Given we'll probably end up keeping the irksome things, can we swap the
>> terminology around?
>
> Yup.  I think we decided "sheets" was the best term for what is now
> known as "layers".

Sheets are "views" of the design. They are not a direct representation of the physical structure. They are derived data, not fundamental.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx