Re: gEDA-user: cvs.gedasymbols.org and gschem

Colin D Bennett wrote:

>> In the library browser you have the choise to embed the component
>> in the .sch file. I think that might be the solutions for your
>> scenarios.
>
> That would be a reasonable solution.  I guess I've always overlooked
> that option.

There is a catch: Unembed works only for symbols that are available in
the current library search path. This means, you can't extract a symbol
from a schematic. At best, unembed replaces the embedded symbol with
the same symbol from the local lib. Worst case strikes, if the local
symbol with the same name has its pins placed at different coordinates.
It might even be a completely different symbol that bears the same name
by coincidence.

IMHO, an action that extracts embedded symbols would be a major step
forward in usability.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak