Re: gEDA-user: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

On May 24, 2011, at 4:31 PM, myken wrote:

>> How we organize the data, and how the user interacts with it, need not
>> be the same :-)
> I didn't read the complete threat so if I miss the point or if I repeat anyone I'm sorry.
>
> Is it not possible to make a top level program that launches the different programs (gschem, pcb, simtools, .....)?
> The top level program can have it's own file with the meta data and cross references to the other files (the refdes maybe).
> The top level program can have a wizard to help new users to heavyfy the standard symbols.
> The top level program can have a check/lead to help setting up a simulation project/layout project/IC design project/whatever project.
> The top level program can call gnetlist to connect it all together.
> The top level program can have an import/export function to include sheets/pcb designs from other projects.
>
> This way you also have a backwards compatibility path (all additional data is stored in the TLP file), not important I know, but still...

Well, the classic TLP is "make", and gEDA works pretty well with it. Of course, "make" is old-fashioned and rather crude. It's easy to create something prettier, but it's very hard to create something that works better.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx