Re: gEDA-user: Two things ... or actually, three

> Then two more usage questions:
> - Zero length lines in PCB: I found that when drawing lines in PCB,
> sometimes dots (zero length lines) get created inadvertently on corners
> and bends. This isn't much of a problem, until I start dragging lines
> and end points in rubber band mode: those dots then get stretched into
> undesired line segments which I sometimes don't notice until I get DRC
> errors and warnings about short circuits.
> Do I recall correctly that someone created a script to filter out those
> zero-length lines? I can't find anything in the mailing list archives,
> and it turns out that a regex recognizing Line[X Y X Y ... ] doesn't
> seem all that trivial to construct.

These *may* be fixed up by "Connects -> Optimize routed tracks ->
simple optimization".  Use this feature with care - it usually removes
zero length lines but occasionally it also erases needed trace
segments by mistake.  I recommend saving first and performing DRC
check and net connectivity check ("o" key) both before and after,
checking for any changes - there /should/ be none.

The trace optimizer only touches autorouted tracks by default - if you
want it to work on manually routed traces you need to clear the
"Connects -> Optimize routed tracks -> [/] Only autorouted nets"
checkbox.