Re: gEDA-user: Task list for: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

   +1 python :)

   On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Andrew Poelstra <[1]asp11@xxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:56:40AM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

   > Opportunity to pick a more modern language, too.  Something more
   > os-agnostic, we've had issues with scheme on Windows before.
   >
   > I'm a Perl fan myself.

     Although Perl is probably better for string-handling, I think
     Python would be a better choice. It "feels" a lot more like a
     Lisp and quite a bit more well-known these days.
     It is also platform-agnostic, handles errors more cleanly,
     and is usually easier to read.
     Having said that, I have only a passing knowledge of both Perl
     and Python.
     --
     Andrew Poelstra
     Email: asp11 at [2]sfu.ca OR apoelstra at [3]wpsoftware.net