Re: gEDA-user: Task list for: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

> but could the 'packet' of data also have choices for alternate
> naming in the schematic of pins with multiple uses?

Perhaps that kind of choice could be part of the symbol itself, not
part of the component data?  It would have to be independent of the
symbolic name we use in the packet, but perhaps a pinlabel like
"P45/TXD4/IRQ7" could offer you the chance to only show the P45 part,
or only the IRQ7 part, in the symbol?

What I've done in the past is just make different symbols that
correspond to parts of the chip being used according to certain
perhipherals; like a symbol for the ethernet portion of an RX chip, or
the power/programming module of an R8C.  But that's not an elegant
solution.