Re: gEDA-user: pcjc2 tessellation

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 02:30:08PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 11:37 +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
> > > In _borast_bentley_ottmann_tessellate_bo_edges() which is from
> > > _cairo_bentley_ottmann_tessellate_bo_edges(), i see you deleted
> > >
> > > case CAIRO_BO_EVENT_TYPE_INTERSECTION:
> > >
> > > What effect does this have on the types of polygons that can
> > > be rasterized?
> >
> > Think i know now. Polygons can't have edges that cross other edges.
>
> You got it.. PCB doesn't allow self intersecting polygons, so I removed
> support for rendering them in an attempt to manage the complexity (and
> hopefully improve speed of) the tessellator.

So, what happens if one directly tinkers with the PCB file with
an editor or script and creates a self interscting polygon
by mistake?

It's not so far fetched, I sometimes edit coordinates in the
file to match mechanical design. I can make a mistake or,
if it is a script (which also happens), it can have a bug.

	Regards,
	Gabriel