Re: gEDA-user: Newby Question on Symbols

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, John Davies wrote:

 Hi John,

> I am using gschem, gnetlist and HSPICE to model the TSMC 0.18 CMOS process.
> I am able to model the P and N channel transistors successfully because the
> symbols pass the attributes of length (l) and width (w) through to the
> netlist.  But the netlister will not recognise attributes on some symbols.
> It will always accept a value, which is placed after the nodes in the
> netlist, but not any attribute.  Help, what can I do?  Is there another file
> somewhere apart from the name.sym in the library that defines more detail
> about a symbol or is my problem with the netlister?

You are using gnetlist -g spice schematic.sch? Then it is a problem with
the netlister. Components with device=PMOS_TRANSISTOR or NMOS_TRANSISTOR
only place attributes l,w,as,ad,pd,ps,nrd,nrs,temp,ic and their value in
the netlist. Other attributes are ignored, they can be include via the
value attribute as you mentioned before.

Other symbols don't accept other attributes except the value attribute.
Some modification of the scheme code is necessary to support that.

 Bas