gEDA-user: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: make: strip command can't find file

OK, I have to apologize for sending the last incomplete mail.  It is 1:30 am
and I hit Send instead of Save.  Here's the complete email.....

I did some document and web searching for problem of mingw's make
being unable to find a file in making icarus verilog.  The cygwin manual
talks about mounts points, but I'm really having doubts as to whether
this is such a problem.  The first attachment to this email describes
the original problem, and the 2nd attachment describes further attempts
after some responses.  In the 2nd attachment, I provide, a DOS path,
exactly as suggested in the response to the first email, but mingw's
make still encounters the same kind of error messages.  Neither
mingw's FAQ nor cygwin's FAQ says anything about this, and a
search for "PATH" on cygwin's mailing list archives merely turns up
stuff about the environment variable.  I do recall a case where
an application accepted dos filepaths but not cygwin filepaths (it
was again icarus verilog, compiled without mingw), but this seems
like a different problem.

I did a google search on -win32, but it seems that this is something
associated with cygwin's make, not mingw's make (which is what
I'm using here).  A "make -help" reveals nothing about a -win32
option.

Could you (Earnie, or anyone) confirm whether this is in fact
a mount problem related cygwin path style, or whether my
suspicions are right in that the cause is something else?  Either
way, I would really appreciate a pointer to more specific location
of material about this, if it is something that has been addressed
in the past.  But if you feel charitable (time-wise) and don't mind
clarifying or explaining what the problem and solution is, or just
commenting on your hypothesis, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks.

Fred
Fred Ma
Department of Electronics