gEDA-user: Ann: gerbv-0.0.5 released

Hello fellows

it's time for the next release of Gerber Viewer, aka gerbv,
the "drill file support"-release.

Last relase I promised drill file support. Now it's here.
By adding the drill file support I was forced to do some
cleaning up of the code, so there are great many changes
since last relase. I want to thank my friend Andreas
Andersson aka Pitch for the drill file support and ideas.

Some menu alternatives and speed keys changed with the
addition of drill support. Especially to note; you have to
use -d|--drill= to define a drill file at the command line.
Default is Gerber file. More on that is in the man page.

I have changed how arcs are handled. Before I did a lot of
calculations during (re)drawing of arcs. That has moved to
the parsing stage now, which hopefully brings some increase
in speed when redrawing. Now multi quadrant arcs are also
drawn, though it has been very little tested. Be carefull.

The arc calculation changes also meant that the API on the
Scheme side of things changed, hopefully to the better.

If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, you are now able to
zoom in and out with it.

There are also some bugs removed and some bugs added. The
biggest bug (pointed out by Dan Christian, thanks!) caused
random dots to be plotted out.

For next release I think I will do some more GUI hacks. Or
maybe Aperture Macro support. That is can of worm waiting
to happen.

Comments, patches and suggestions are, as always, very welcome.

Homepage for gerbv is still http://gerbv.sourceforge.net/

To download gerbv goto
	http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gerbv/
and grab gerbv-0.0.5.tar.gz

To install the program do
1. gzip -dc gerbv-0.0.5.tar.gz | tar xf -
2. cd gerbv-0.0.5
3. ./configure
4. make install

Interesting configure options are:
--help          : Lists all options
--disable-batch : Disable compilation of Guile/Scheme backends
--prefix=<dir>  : Install from dir <prefix>

What's new in 0.0.5
- Drill file support (biggest addition ever)
- Zoom in and out with scroll wheel
- Reorganisation of source
- Arc calculation moved from drawing stage to parsing stage
- Multi quadrant arcs supported
- API changes in the Scheme interface
- Bugs squashed and added

Regards,