Re: gEDA-user: iverilog main.cc undefined reference using --host=mingw32

Hi, Brendan,

I sent a followup to Stephen's reply.  Basically, the root problem which caused
me to even try host=mingw32 is that the automatically compiled software crashes
by violating an assertion (its buried in an earlier posting).  That might mean that
the autodetected host doesn't correspond to mingw32, which is quite possible
because I'm running everything from a cygwin command line.  But I do have mingw's
bin ahead of cygwin's bin, and the compilation messages confirm that it is mingw's
make program in action.  It fails if was the other way around (which was an even
earlier problem I had).  I've been burning up lots of mailing list bandwidth, but
also plenty of midnight oil.  (Midnight is early!)

The insidious thing is that I can't duplicate the assertion violation on smaller
nonproprietary designs.  I guess that isn't the most hopeful circumstance (in
hoping for a solution, that is).

Fred

Fred Ma
Department of Electronics